Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd (also registered as Nunawading Japanese School) provides Japanese lessons for adult beginner to intermediate students. Students have the choice between private tutoring and group classes (subject to availability).
1) School/Student Agreement
This agreement constitutes a binding contract between the Student and Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd. The Agreement is made up of these terms. You must ensure that you read, understand, and abide by the Agreement. Students who are under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian complete our student application form prior to commencement. It is considered acceptance of this agreement once a student attends and completes their trial lesson/first lesson.
2) Student Behaviour
Our teachers provide a comfortable, professional learning environment. We ask that all students behave maturely and show respect towards one another and their teachers during class. At any stage Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel your enrolment without any warning or notice for inappropriate behaviour that is deemed anti-social, offensive or dangerous.
(*Mobile phones are not permitted on classrooms tables and must be kept out of sight on silent. They are a distraction to yourself and/or others in class.)
3) Class location
All classes are held at our school location – 8A Wood Street Nunawading Vic 3131
Payment is due on the 1st of each month. The initial invoice includes our admin fee of $25 gst inc.
GROUP CLASS STUDENTS
- Enrolment is $49.50 per week (paid monthly) due on the 1st of each month. This includes 1 x 80 min class per week and our course material.
- Daytime rate is $48 inc, nighttime/Saturday rate is $55 inc per 60 minute lesson. Due on the 1st of each month.
- Adjustments to an invoice (example: removing a lesson you will miss from your invoice) will not be allowed once the invoice due date has passed or payment has been made.
- If payment has not been received prior to the 1st of the month, we may refuse entry until payment has been received in full.
- Fees are not transferable to another student.
- Fees are not transferable to another month/term.
*Early Cancellation Policy: An early cancellation fee of $50 will apply for all new bookings (all levels) if cancelled prior to attending the first class.
Once an invoice is paid, we do not provide refunds for missed/cancelled lessons. We do not reschedule within the month.
In the unlikely event that Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd cancels a month/s lessons, students will have the option a) be refunded all classes within the period paid for b) carry forward payment as credit for future lessons.
6) Catch Up Lessons (Group Class Only)
*Only available for student's missing 2 or more consecutive classes in a row. (*SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY).
Students who miss/plan to miss a lesson are provided all course material for that class. Payment is still required for enrolment purposes.
If you have an upcoming holiday planned (missing 2 or more consecutive classes), if there is availability within the schedule, we can substitute the classes you will miss with individual catch up lessons. If there is not enough availability, some lessons may be charged as *Material Only.
- Substitute Catch Up Rate: $55 inc per hour (*When we substitute a class for an individual catch up lesson (*SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY)
Our teachers have all completed formal teaching study with experience. They follow the same teaching style, curriculum and are trained by our head teacher. All teachers manage all classes together and work as a team.
As students progress through our course content, as a school we reserve the right to relocate a student. This may include "moving to a more suitable class" or alternatively "offering private tuition instead".
It's our responsibility as a school to ensure all students learn at a comfortable/challenging pace.
9) Trial lesson/Level Check
All trial lessons/level checks are conducted by our Head Teacher at our school location 8A Wood Street Nunawading. When a student decides to continue with lessons, he/she may be assigned a different teacher depending on our school schedule.
- Levels Checks: Before we can confirm if our school has any suitable classes for a student, he/she must attend a level check with a teacher. These appointments are free. Attending a level check does not guarantee that we will be able to offer a suitable option.
10) Privacy Statement
Throughout the enrolment process and being a member at our school, we obtain personal information about you. We respect your privacy and will not share your information with any third party. We will only use or disclose private information when required by law or for the purposes of this Agreement and/or your Enrolment.
11) Social Media
From time to time students may take part in marketing across social media and our school’s website. This is not mandatory and all students have the option to remain anonymous and/or not partake in any photography/videos.
12) Ongoing Changes and Variations
Over time this agreement may vary at the discretion of Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd. We reserve the right to make changes that may affect classes, fees or lesson location whenever necessary.