Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd (also trading as Nunawading Japanese School) provides Japanese lessons for adult students. Students have the choice between private tutoring and group classes enrolment (subject to availability).
1) School/Student Agreement
This agreement constitutes a binding contract between the Student and Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd. The Agreement is made up of these terms. You must ensure that you read, understand, and abide by the Agreement. It is considered acceptance of this agreement once a student attends their trial and/or enrols at our school.
2) Student Behaviour
Our teachers provide a comfortable, professional learning environment. We ask that all students behave maturely and show respect towards one another and their teachers during class. At any stage we reserve the right to cancel your enrolment without any warning or notice for inappropriate behaviour that is deemed anti-social, offensive or dangerous.
(*Mobile phones are not permitted on classrooms tables and must be kept out of sight and on silent. They are considered a distraction to yourself/others in class.)
3) Class location
All classes are held at our school location – 8A Wood Street Nunawading Vic 3131. (All Classes are currently being facilitated online due to the Covid-19 social restrictions) Our school only has 1 location in Victoria. Other providers who use the term “Japanese Tutor Melbourne” are not affiliated with our school at all.
Payment is due on the 1st of each month. The initial invoice includes our admin fee of $25 gst inc.
GROUP CLASS STUDENTS
- Enrolment is $49.50 per week (paid monthly). Payment is due on the 1st of each month. Group class enrolment includes: 1 x 80 min group class per week, all course material and homework at no extra charge and regular proficiency tests.
- Daytime rate is $48 inc, Nighttime/Saturday rate is $55 inc. Payment is due on the 1st of each month. Tutoring enrolment includes: 1 x 60 min lesson per week, all course material and homework at no extra charge
- Adjustments to an invoice (example: removing a lesson you will miss from your invoice) will not be allowed once the invoice due date has passed or payment has been made.
- If payment has not been received prior to the 1st of the month, we may refuse entry until payment has been received in full.
- Fees are not transferable to another student.
- Fees are not transferable to another month/term.
5) Early Cancellation Fee
An early cancellation fee of $50 will apply for all new students (all levels) if cancelled prior to attending the first class.
Once an invoice is paid, we do not provide refunds for missed/cancelled lessons (including sickness). We do not reschedule within the month.
In the unlikely event that the school needs to cancel a month/s lessons, students will have the option a) to be refunded all classes within the period paid for b) to carry forward payment as credit for future lessons.
7) Catch Up Lessons (Group Class Only)
*Only available for student's missing 2 or more consecutive classes in a row. (*SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY).
Students who miss/plan to miss 1 x lesson are provided all course material/homework for that class. (Payment is still required for enrolment purposes.)
If you have an upcoming holiday planned (missing 2 or more consecutive classes), we will do our best to allocate available time for catch up lessons to substitute the classes you’ll miss. If there is not enough availability within the schedule, you’re monthly invoice may include a combination of catch up lesson & *Material Only/Non Attendance charge.
- Substitute Catch Up Rate: $55 inc per hour (*When we substitute/replace your standard class fee for an individual catch up lesson)
Our teachers have all completed formal teaching study with experience. They follow the same teaching style, curriculum and are trained by our head teacher.
As students progress through our course content, as a school we reserve the right to relocate a student. This may include "moving to a more suitable class" or alternatively "offering private tuition instead".
It's our responsibility as a school to ensure all students learn at a comfortable/challenging pace.
10) Trial lesson/Level Check
All trial lessons/level checks are
conducted at our school location 8A Wood Street Nunawading. (All Classes are currently being facilitated online due to the Covid-19 social restrictions)
- Levels Checks: Before we can confirm if our school has any suitable classes for a student, he/she must attend a level check with a teacher. These appointments are free. Attending a level check does not guarantee that we will be able to offer a suitable option.
11) Privacy Statement
Throughout the enrolment process and being a member at our school, we obtain personal information about you. We respect your privacy and will not share your information with any third party. We will only use or disclose private information when required by law or for the purposes of this Agreement and/or your Enrolment.
12 Social Media
From time to time students may take part in marketing across social media and our school’s website. This is not mandatory and all students have the option to remain anonymous and/or not partake in any photography/videos.
13) Ongoing Changes and Variations
Over time this agreement may vary at the discretion of Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd. We reserve the right to make changes that may affect classes, fees or lesson location whenever necessary.