Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd (also registered as Nunawading Japanese School) provides Japanese lessons for adult beginner to intermediate students. Students have the choice between private tutoring and group classes (subject to availability).
1) School/Student Agreement
This agreement constitutes a binding contract between the Student and Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd. The Agreement is made up of these terms. You must ensure that you read, understand, and abide by the Agreement. Students who are under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian complete our student application form prior to commencement. It is considered acceptance of this agreement once a student attends and completes their trial lesson/first lesson.
2) Student Behaviour
Our teachers provide a comfortable, professional learning environment. We ask that all students behave maturely and show respect towards one another and their teachers during class. At any stage Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel your enrolment without any warning or notice for inappropriate behaviour that is deemed anti-social, offensive or dangerous.
(*Mobile phones are not permitted on classrooms tables and must be kept out of sight on silent. They are a distraction to yourself and/or others in class.)
3) Class location
All classes are held at our school location – 8A Wood Street Nunawading Vic 3131
Lessons are paid for in advance on a monthly basis with payment due by the 1st of each month. The initial invoice will include a once off enrolment fee of $25 gst inc.
- Adjustments to an invoice (example: removing a lesson you will miss from your invoice) will not be allowed once the invoice due date has passed or payment has been made.
- If payment has not been received prior to the 1st of the month, we may refuse entry until payment has been received in full.
- Fees are not transferable to another student.
- Fees are not transferable to another month/term.
*Early Cancellation Policy: An early cancellation fee of $50 will apply for all new bookings (all levels) if cancelled prior to attending the first class.
Once an invoice is paid, your seat is reserved and no refunds are provided for cancelled/missed. We do not reschedule within the month.
In the unlikely event that Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd cancels a month/s lessons, students will have the option a) be refunded all classes within the period paid for b) carry forward payment as credit for future lessons.
6) Missing Classes/Catch Ups
*Only available for student's missing 2 or more consecutive classes in a row. (*Exceptions may be made for new beginner students).
Students who are only missing 1 x class will still be charged for the class due to being enrolled in our course, and will be provided any course material/homework missed.
- Substitute Class Catch Ups: $55 inc per hour (*When notice is provided prior to an invoice due date a class can be substituted for a catch up lesson.)
- Additional Catch Ups: $48 inc per hour, nights/Saturdays $55 inc (*When an additional catch up is booked within the month for missing a class. Sickness included)
Our teachers have all completed formal teaching study with experience. They follow the same teaching style, curriculum and are trained by our head teacher. All teachers manage all classes together and work as a team.
As students progress through our course content, as a school we reserve the right to relocate a student. This may include "moving to a more suitable class" or alternatively "offering private tuition instead".
It's our responsibility as a school to ensure all students learn at a comfortable/challenging pace.
9) Trial lesson/Level Check
All trial lessons/level checks are conducted by our Head Teacher at our school location 8A Wood Street Nunawading. When a student decides to continue with lessons, he/she may be assigned a different teacher depending on our school schedule.
- Levels Checks: Before we can confirm if our school has any suitable classes for a student, he/she must attend a level check with a teacher. These appointments are free. Attending a level check does not guarantee that we will be able to offer a suitable option.
10) Privacy Statement
Throughout the enrolment process and being a member at our school, we obtain personal information about you. We respect your privacy and will not share your information with any third party. We will only use or disclose private information when required by law or for the purposes of this Agreement and/or your Enrolment.
11) Social Media
From time to time students may take part in marketing across social media and our school’s website. This is not mandatory and all students have the option to remain anonymous and/or not partake in any photography/videos.
12) Ongoing Changes and Variations
Over time this agreement may vary at the discretion of Japanese Tutor Melbourne Pty Ltd. We reserve the right to make changes that may affect classes, fees or lesson location whenever necessary.